Digital Collage Brief: Convey with images the content of one of the articles on this page: Essential Superannuation Guides for insertion in the selected magazine layout from a selection of layouts.
Layout 1/3 Horizontal 254×105 (WxH) was selected.
The selected article is titled: Setting a Retirement Target: Living on more than $59,000 a year
The collage was created as follows:
The idea was roughly sketched and an image was found from the public domain.
It was isolated and modified in Photoshop with the use of a mask.
It was then added to the main document where the background and other elements were created from scratch as follows:
- Shapes were created to make a patchwork of coloured squares and rectangles.
- Red and white ellipses were created to make a target type image.
- The pen tool was used to create a funky upward arrow.
- The sign was inserted, flipped horizontally and distorted into a different perspective.
- Text was added to the sign and distorted to suit the perspective of the sign.
- Numbers were added, resized and turned to give them a random appearance. They were then lowered in opacity
- The dollar number $59,000 was added and part of it was adjusted to show the colour of the shape underneath to allow contrast against the black of the arrow.
- Various textures were added to give the image a more textured look. These textures were obtained from a free offering at a commercial graphic design web site. The layer mode of these textures were changed to give it a blended and grungy look.
- Adjustment layers were then used to adjust the colour of the layers to retain colour integrity of the palette used.
The layers panel was organised and grouped all the while.